Music For Listeners 2006/09/30
1) The Beastie Boys-Country Mikes Theme From the
2) Bobby Bare Jr.-Sticky Chemical From the brand new CD
The Longest Meow.
3) The Zutons -"Oh Stacey (Look What You've Done)" From the
CD 'Tired of Hanging Around'.
4) Muse-"Exo-Polictics" From the CD 'Black Holes and Revelations'.
5) Razorlight-"Pop Song 2006" From the brand new CD 'Razorlight'.
6) Oppenheimer -"This Is A Test (Live SXSW 2006)" From their
first ever American performance and recorded exclusively for broadcast
on Music For Listeners. Playing day two of Peel Weekend - 2006
7) Dr. Dog-Goner From the brand new CD Takers and
8) Soft Priest-"We All Need Someone to Taunt" From the CD
"Akoustik Anarkhy's Exclusive Compilation for Music For Listeners
June 2006". Aren't we all special...
9) The Dimes-"What A Gasp" From the CD E.P 'The Dimes (Animal)'.
Playing day one of Peel Weekend - 2006
10) Dawn of the Replicants-"Science Fiction Freak" From the
brand new CD/DVD compilation 'Bust the Trunk'.
11) Be Your Own Pet-"Bicycle Bicycle, You Are My Bicycle"
From the CD 'Be Your own Pet'.
12) The Capitol Years-It's Only Loveless From the brand
new CD Dance Away the Terror.
13) Scissors for Lefty-Mama Your Boys Will Find A Home From
the forthcoming CD Underhanded Romance.
14) Duels-The Slow Build From the brand new CD The
Bright Lights and What I Should Have Learned.
15) Tacks, The Boy Disaster-Queen of the Fisherman From
the CD Oh, Beatrice E.P.. Headlining day one of two during
Peel Weekend - 2006
16) Peel-Oxford (Live at Emo's February 14th, 2006) Exclusively
recorded for broadcast on Music For Listeners. Also, playing Peel Weekend
17) The Lovely Sparrows-The War Has Seen the Best of Me
From the CD E.P. 'Pulling Up Floors, Pouring On (New) Paint'. Also,
playing Peel Weekend - 2006
18) The Mosquitos-Texas Is Huge From the forthcoming CD
Mosquitos III. Headlining day two of two during Peel Weekend
19) Division Day-Catch Your Death From the CD Beartrap
20) Thom Yorke-Harrowdown Hill From the CD The Eraser.
21) CSS-This Month, Day 10 From the CD Cansei De Ser
22) Peter Bjorn and John-Object of My Affection From the
CD Writer's Block'.
23) The Rumble Strips-Motorcycle From the double A-side
UK CD single for "No Soul"/"Motorcycle".
24) Santa Dog-Belle De Jour From the brand new UK CD single
for "Belle De Jour".
25) Camera Obscura-"Razzle Dazzle Rose" From the CD 'Let's
Get Out of This Country'.
26) The Acutes-When I Left Work Today From the brand new
UK CD single for When I Left Work Today.
27) Voxtrot-"Trouble" From the forthcoming CD single for "Your
28) Fields-"Sisters" From the CD E.P. '7 From the Village'.
29) Sound Team-"Back In Town (Live at 400 Bar - Minneapolis, MN)"
Exclusively recorded for Music For Listeners.
30) Built to Spill-Mess With Time From the CD You
31) Yo La Tengo-Sometimes I Don't Get You From the CD 'I'm
Not Afraid of You and I'm Going to Beat Your Ass'.
32) The Mid-Morning Recording Howling Bells-Howling
My friend Jeanne once told me that she liked when
I wrote about the records I played. I took that as a compliment, because
I thought it was just me babbling on pretentiously. So for a while,
I stopped writing. In saying that, I think MFL should return to writing
about the week's "Mid-Morning Recording". Pretentious as I
may sound now or in the future, writing itself it pretty pretentious.
I had to start writing about the "MMR" again mainly because
I have to say a few words about tonight's freakin' masterpiece. The
debut Howling Bells record is one of those albums that everyone should
like, but will the crowd jump onto the bandwagon? As usual Orly brought
this gem in, and I jumped on with the first listen. I've played this
album for several people and everyone that likes good music understands
that there is something special with this release. I hate to hype a
release so much, but this will certainly be in my top 10 albums of the
year, if not the top 5 or even 3. I haven't written anything about the
"Mid-Morning Recording" since we started the web stream playback,
and I have to say that if you don't listen to MFL live, you should really
start. Of course, if you listened live and caught the complete album
on the live broadcast, or even if you missed it altogether, then you
should really buy this album. The real reason we play a Mid-Morning
Recording is to showcase a great band every week, and Howling Bells
are a great band. There is some good live footage at You Tube, but I
would have to say that seeing this band in the flesh is something I
want to do by the end of 2007. For the information they want you to
know you can go to their website at http://www.howlingbells.com and
listen to tracks from the album there. Spend the import price and get
Michael - MFL
33) James-Sayonara From the CD Wah-Wah.