Music For Listeners 05/09/2009
Ra Ra Riot - Interview - 2009
1) The Beastie Boys-"Country Mike's Theme" From the CD 'Anthology'.
2) Charlie Parr-"The B&J Ain't Nothin' But a Hole in the Ground" From the CD 'Roustabout'.
3) A Classic Education-"Best Regards" From the brand new 7" single for "Best Regards".
4) Maximo Park-"A Cloud Of Mystery" From the forthcoming CD single for "A Cloud of Mystery".
5) Golden Silvers-"Please Venus" From the brand new CD 'True Romance'.
6) Deadweather-"Are Friends Electric?" From the brand new download single for "Are Friends Electric?".
7) Datarock-"Amarillion" From the forthcoming CD 'Red'.
8) Bombay Bicycle Club-"Dust On The Ground" From the forthcoming CD 'I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose'.
9) The Horrors-"Scarlet Fields" From the CD 'Primary Colours'.
10) The Enemy-"No Time For Tears" From the brand new CD 'Music For The People'.
11) Elvis Perkins in Dearland-"Shampoo" From the CD 'Elvis Perkins In Dearland'.
12) The Wave Pictures-"If You Leave It Alone" From the brand new 7" single for "If You Leave It Alone".
13) The Maccabees-"Love You Better" From the brand new CD single for "Love You Better".
14) Manic Street Preachers-"Facing Page Top Left" From the forthcoming CD 'Journal For Plague Lovers'.
15) Ra Ra Riot-"St. Peter's Day Festival" From the CD 'The Rhumb Line'.
16) Ra Ra Riot - Music For Listeners Interview - Segment One - March 13, 2009
17) Ra Ra Riot-"Can You Tell" From the CD 'The Rhumb Line'.
18) Ra Ra Riot - Music For Listeners Interview - Segment Two - March 13, 2009
19) Ra Ra Riot-"Dying is Fine" From the CD 'The Rhumb Line'.
20) Kate Bush-"And Dream Of Sheep" From the CD 'Hounds Of Love'. Picked by Wes and Matthew of Ra Ra Riot.
21) Kate Bush-"Cloudbusting" From the CD 'Hounds Of Love'. Picked by Wes and Matthew of Ra Ra Riot.
22) Blue Roses-"Can't Sleep" From the CD 'Blue Roses'.
23) Laura Gibson-"Come By Storm" From the CD 'Beasts Of Seasons'.
24) Miranda Lee Richards-"Breathless" From the CD 'Light Of X'.
25) "The Mid-Morning Recording" Foals-'Antidotes'
A great band that knows how to take a new wave/reggae beat and really drive it home. We've been playing songs from this band for over two years, and if I'm not mistaken, MFL recorded their first American performance back in March of 2007. They gave us a little interview back then and they talked about this album seeing its completion; but it took it a whole another year for this recording to see the light of day here in the states. At first, I thought this band was a little too repetitive, but after listening to them more, their grooves are much more infectious than repetitive; good music heavily influenced by dub and reggae is like that. Of course, here's another awesome band that Sub Pop Records is happy to see signed to Transgressive Records in the U.K., as Sub Pop has most of the licensing rights for Transgressive’s releases in the U.S. Lucky them! "Cassius is over! Cassius away! Cassius these daydreams, these daydreams okay!"
26) James-"Sayonara" From the CD 'Wah-Wah'.