Music For Listeners 12/05/2009
Esser - Interview and Live Recording - Emo's 2009
1) The Beastie Boys-"Country Mike's Theme" From the CD 'Anthology'.
2) Buttercup-"Always Alcohol" From the CD 'The Weather Here'.
3) The Futureheads-"Struck Dumb" From the brand new download single for "Struck Dumb".
4) The Whigs-"Hundred/Million" From the forthcoming CD 'In the Dark'.
5) Ash-"Arcadia" From the download single for "Arcadia".
6) Exlovers-"Wicked Game" From the brand new download E.P. 'Flesh & Bone Session'.
7) A Classic Education-"What My Life Could Have Been" From the brand new download single for "What My Life Could Have Been".
8) God Help the Girl-"Stills" From the CD 'Stills EP'.
9) Ian Brown-"Just Like You" From the brand new CD 'My Way'.
10) The Kissaway Trail-"SDP" From the forthcoming CD 'Sleep Mountain'.
11) Shout Out Louds-"walls" From the forthcoming CD 'Work'.
12) El Guincho-"Antillas (XXXchange remix)" From the CD single for "Antillas".
13) Jamie T-"The Man's Machine" From the CD 'Kings & Queens'.
14) Steve Mason-"All Come Down" From the forthcoming CD 'Boys Outside'.
15) Esser-"Satisfied" From the CD 'Braveface'.
16) Esser - MFL Interview - Segment One - Exclusive to Music For Listeners
17) Esser-"Headlock" From the CD 'Braveface'.
18) Esser - MFL Interview - Segment Two - Exclusive to Music For Listeners
19) Esser-"Maybe In the Morning" From the CD 'Braveface'.
20) Esser - MFL Interview - Segment Three - Exclusive to Music For Listeners
21) Esser - Live at Emo's - September 25, 2009 - Recorded exclusively for broadcast on Music For Listeners.
22) "The Mid-Morning Recording" The Monkees-'More of the Monkees' (Vinyl Version)
I've been wanting to play this album for a couple of months now, then one day last week, I was looking through my vinyl collection and I came across it. I remember listening to this album a lot as a child, and maybe because of the weirdness of "Your Auntie Grizelda", I can even remember even playing this album at different speeds, just for fun. The copy played tonight is from my Grandparents household, which means my father and my aunts and uncles listened to this back in the 60's when they were younger. I love just watching the Colgems label on this because I can picture them around the album player. I'd have to say my uncle Bill Thomas most likely played this album for me first, so I'll dedicate this late night offering to him. I'll also dedicate this one to Monkee Michael Nesmith, (who was once as SAC student right here in the Alamo city), and also to his mother for inventing Liquid Paper. If it wasn't for Liquid Paper, this album wouldn't feature as much talent as it actually does, and The Monkees wouldn't have had their best musician. Also, one more note, Smashmouth's version of "I'm A Believer" doesn't hold a candle to the version on this recording.
"Girl, you look mighty good to me. You look like you could be, the kind of girl I could love."
23) James-"Sayonara" From the CD 'Wah-Wah'.