Music For Listeners 05/22/2010
1) The Beastie Boys-"Country Mike's Theme" From the CD 'Anthology'.
2) Glen Campbell-"Southern Nights" From the CD 'Greatest Hits'.
3) Math and Physics Club-"Jimmy Had A Polaroid" From the forthcoming CD 'I Shouldn't Look As Good As I Do'.
4) The Cults-"Go Outside" From the 7" single for "Go Outside".
5) Magic Bullets-"Lying Around" From the 7" single for "Lying Around".
6) Junip-"Far Away" From the brand new CD 'Rope and Summit EP'.
7) Joe Reyes-"Trying To Get Used To It Now" From the brand new CD 'Worry Row'. BL-112
8) Joe Reyes - MFL Interview 2010 - Segment One - Exclusively recorded for MFL
9) Buttercup-"John Glenn" From the CD 'Sick Yellow Flower'.
10) Buttercup-"Johnny Appleseed" From the CD 'Hot Love'.
11) Buttercup-"Sun In the Sky" From the CD 'Captains of Industry'.
12) Buttercup-"I Am A Tiger" From the CD 'The Weather Here'.
13) Joe Reyes - MFL Interview 2010 - Segment Two - Exclusively recorded for MFL
14) Marcus Rubio-"(Do the) Military Syndrome" From the CD 'Oceanic Tremors'.
15) The Cartographers-"God's Messy Divorce" From the CD 'The Cartographers'.
16) Chris Maddin-"" Not yet released Bedlamb Records released. Straight from the artist.
17) Demitasse-"Fambily" Not yet released Bedlamb Records released. Straight from the artist.
18) Joe Reyes - MFL Interview 2010 - Segment Three - Exclusively recorded for MFL
19) Buttercup-"Unlevel" From the CD 'Hot Love'.
20) LCD Soundsstem-"You Wanted A Hit" From the brand new CD 'This Is Happening'.
21) Laurie Anderson-"Sweaters (Live) From the CD 'United States Live Parts I-IV'.
22) Wild Moccasins-"Skin Collision Past" From the brand new CD 'Skin Collision Past'.
23) Gorillaz-"White Flag" From the CD 'Plastic Beach'.
24) "The Mid-Morning Recording" Slow Club-'Yeah So'
This band has made the last few SXSW festivals worth the ticket alone. If Moshi Moshi didn't have them perform for us at The Red House Pizzeria, then I would have gladly paid a good price to see them. They released my favorite E.P. of 2008, so I had high hopes for their debut LP, and after the release of this recording, it did not let down one bit. Male and female relationships, sexual tension, and beautiful harmonies abound. I hope this project will be around for a while. I think they will just get better with more writing experiences. I'm dedicating the playing of this record to my friend Jason. For without his "booty-magnet, I wouldn't have had such a great SXSW experience with Moshi Moshi and Slow Club. "Will you hold my hand when I go?"
25) James-"Sayonara" From the CD 'Wah-Wah'.