Music For Listeners 08/03/2013
1) Beastie Boys-"Country Mike's Theme" From the CD 'Country Mike's Greatest Hits'.
2) The Civil Wars-"The One That Got Away" From the digital single for "The One That Got Away".
3) Summer Camp-"Fresh" From the forthcoming album 'Summer Camp'.
4) The Ballet-"Is Anybody Out There" From the album 'I Blame Society'.
5) Silkies-"Upstairs" From the btand new digital EP 'Never Tell a Lie'.
6) Minks-"Margot" From the brand new album 'Tides End'.
7) Cloud Control-"Scar" From the forthcoming album 'Dream Cave'.
8) His Clancyness-"Zenith Diamond" From the forthcoming album 'Vicious'.
9) The North Sea (Franz Ferdinand and Todd Terje)-"Evil Eye (Todd Terje Extended Mix)" From the AA digital single for "Stand on the Horizon" / "Evil Eye".
10) Johnny Marr-"The It-Switch" From the brand new digital single for "New Town Velocity".
11) The Crookes-"Dance in Colour" From the AA digital single for "Bear's Blood" / "Dance in Colour"
12) The Dodos-"Confidence" From the forthcoming album 'Carrier'.
13) Circles-"Constant Party" From the brand new album 'Are You Watching the Masters? Because the Masters Are Watching You'.
14) High Hazels-"Hearts Are Breaking" From the forthcoming vinyl 7" single for "Hearts Are Breaking".
15) Babyshambles-"Nothing Comes To Nothing" From the brand new digital single for "Nothing Comes To Nothing".
16) Medicine-"Long As The Sun" From the brand new album 'To The Happy Few'.
17) Little Brain Attack-"I Want To Feel It This Way" From the digital single for "I Want To Feel It This Way".
18) Thoughts Detecting Machines-"In Grey" From the brand new album 'Forget/Introduction to Thoughts Detecting Machines'.
19) Sky Larkin-"Loom" From the forthcoming album 'Motto'.
20) Wild Smiles-"Take Me Away" From the brand new digital EP 'Take Me Away'.
21) Ramesh-"Paradise" From the brand new digital single for "Paradise".
22) The New Mendicants-"This Time" From the brand new digital EP 'Australia 2013'.
23) PINS-"Stay True" From the brand new digital single for "Stay True".
24) Johnny Flynn-"The Lady is Risen" From the forthcoming album 'Country Mile'.
25) Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros-"Better Days" From the brand new digital single for "Better Days".
26) Free Time-"I Lost Again" From the brand new album 'Free Time'.
27) Money-"Hold Me Forever" From the brand new digital single for "Hold Me Forever".
28) Alela Diane-"About Farewell" From the brand new album 'About Farewell'.
29) Belle Mare-"Beauty" From the brand new digital single for "Beauty".
30) Christian McBride-"Night Train" From the album 'Gettin' to It'.
31) "The Mid-Morning Recording" The Whigs-'In the Dark' (Vinyl Version)
Most likely my favorite rock band of the 21st century so far. The third album can be rough for a band, and even though this is my least favorite of their catalog so far, it's still heads and shoulders above a ton of albums out there. This album features the darker side of the band as it were. I guess I consider it my least favorite, because one, they didn't play San Antonio to promote it, so I didn't get to hear any of it live for a couple of years, but also because it is truly dark. Even the gatefold of the insert features the band members laying on top of someone else's grave, in black and grey color. Obviously they were going for a darker side of things during this recording, but still, it's The Whigs, so it really doesn't matter. They haven't released one bad song in four albums to date, and not too many bands can lay claim to that. They may not claim it, but I will for them. I also have said it before and I will say it again, it is completely blasphemous to me that Kings of Leon make millions of dollars a year while the band that supported them for a couple of years are still out there as working class musicians. I wish it was the other way around, but The Whigs aren't mediocre. They are in your face, and take no rock prisoners. American humans are such wimps and KOL is suited for those tastes. KOL isn't the worst band out there certainly, but they are no match for the power this Athens, GA band brings to the stage each night. To Amanda for introducing them to me, and to The Whigs for kicking ass. This certainly won't be the last album of theirs we'll play as a MMR. We still have their fourth amazing 2012 release, and hopefully many more to come. "I don't need to kill anyone, to let them know I am for real. I don't need to walk in your backyard, to let you know just where I stand." - Michael - MFL
32) James-"Sayonara" From the CD 'Wah-Wah'.