Music For Listeners 09/14/2019
1) Beastie Boys-"Country Mike's Theme" From the compilation album 'Anthology: The Sounds of Science'.
2) Anna St. Louis-"No Expectations" From the brand new digital single for "No Expectations".
3) Supergrass-"Next to You (Monitor Mix)" From the brand new digital single for "Next To You".
4) Say Sue Me-"George & Janice" From the brand new vinyl 7" single for "George & Janice".
5) Ride-"Jump Jet" From the brand new album 'This Is Not A Safe Place'.
6) Johnny Marr-"The Bright Parade" From the brand new digtal single for "The Bright Parade".
7) Pip Blom-"Freckles" From the brand new digtal single for "Freckles".
8) Hater-"It's A Mess" From the brand new AA vinyl 7" single for "Four Tries Down"/"It's A Mess".
9) Pizzagirl-"Dennis" From the forthcoming album 'First Timer '.
10) Foals-"The Runner" From the forthcoming album 'Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost - Part 2'.
11) O Gertie-"Glue & Tape" From the brand new album 'Urbanite Don't Let the Sun Set on You Here'.
12) Metronomy-"Wedding Bells" From the brand new album 'Metronomy Forever'.
13) 808 State-"Marconi" From the brand new EP 'Subsequent Granada Report'.
14) Bernard Grancher (Feat. Laetitia Sadier)-"L'immodéré bien-être de l'imbécile" From the brand new vinyl 7" single for "L'immodéré bien-être de l'imbécile".
15) Micra-"Fuzz Captain" From the brand new digtal single for "Fuzz Captain".
16) Bob Mould-"I Don't Mind" From the brand new digtal single for "I Don't Mind".
17) Pottery-"The Craft" From the brand new EP 'No. 1'.
18) Phoebe Green-"Easy Peeler" From the brand new digtal single for "Easy Peeler".
19) Weird Milk-"Anything You Want" From the brand new digtal single for "Anything You Want".
20) Sprinters-"Ending" From the forthcoming album 'Struck Gold'.
21) Luna-"Lonesome Cowboy Bill" From the brand new EP 'Postscripts'.
22) Los Bitchos-"Pista (Great Start)" From the brand new digtal single for "Pista (Great Start)".
23) Madder Rose-"I Lost The War" From the brand new album 'To Be Beautiful'.
24) Magnapop-"Need To Change" From the brand new album 'The Circle Is Round'.
25) The Wedding Present-"My Favourite Dress" From the brand new album 'Tommy 30'.
26) Wildhoney-"Naive Castle" From the brand new digtal single for "Naive Castle".
27) Whenyoung-"The Others (Acoustic)" From the brand new digtal single for "The Others (Acoustic)".
28) The Big Moon-"Your Light" From the forthcoming album 'Walking Like We Do'.
29) Angel Olsen-"Lark" From the forthcomoing album 'All Mirrors'.
30) Throw Vs Me-"Samestar" From the brand new album 'Throw vs Me'.
31) Daniel Johnston-"True Love Will Find You In The End" From the album '1990'.
32) "The Mid-Morning Recording" Led Zeppelin-'Physical Graffiti'
It has changed all throughout my life, but right now I'd have to say that 'Physical Graffiti' is my favorite album in the Led Zeppelin catalog. Reading up online, it seems that Page and Plant both feel that this album represents a peak of creative freedom for the band. It's certainly one of my favorite double albums of all-time. A wealth of good tracks in this album. A few could have been released as great b-sides, but are included because they are very much that, great songs. A few were outtakes of earlier sessions, reworked into little masterpieces. "Kashmir" is the most known song on the record, and it is indeed an incredible show of masterful songwriting. "In the Light" starts off the second disc, and is surely a shining moment in all of their song output. "Ten Years Gone" is full of production highlights. Jimmy Page overdubbed fourteen guitars for the track, and Plant wrote some personal lyrics for it. I mean, "In My Time of Dying", "Trampled Under Foot", this album has some serious bright lights. This Zeppelin album also reminds me of my early childhood more than any other as it was released right before my third birthday. I'm sure it was played in my house a lot when it was new. This band was so talented, it's silly. "Changes fill my time, baby that's alright with me. In the midst I think of you, and how it used to be" - Michael MFL
33) James-"Sayonara" From the album 'Wah-Wah'.