Music For Listeners 06/06/2020
1) Beastie Boys-"Country Mike's Theme" From the compilation album 'Anthology: The Sounds of Science'.
2) Desiree Cannon-"Low Flyin' Angel" From the album 'Beach Sleeper'.
3) Elvis Costello-"No Flag" From the brand new digital single for "No Flag".
4) Dream Wife-"So When You Gonna..." From the brand new digital single for "So When You Gonna...".
5) Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever-"Cars In Space" From the brand new album 'Sideways to New Italy'.
6) Bob Mould-"American Crisis" From the forthcoming album 'Blue Hearts'.
7) Gorillaz (feat. Tony Allen and Skepta)-"How Far?" From the brand new digital single for "How Far?".
8) The Lemon Twigs-"Moon" From the forthcoming album 'Songs For The General Public'.
9) Easy Life-"Peanut Butter" From the brand new EP 'see you later maybe never (demos)'.
10) The Flaming Lips (feat. Kacey Musgraves)-"Flowers of Neptune 6" From the brand new digital single for "Flowers of Neptune 6".
11) Emma Kupa-"Nothing At All" From the forthcoming album 'It Will Come Easier'.
12) Phoebe Bridgers-"I See You" From the forthcoming album 'Punisher'.
13) Soccer Mommy-"I Think You're Alright" From the forthcoming EP 'Vol 1 - Soccer Mommy & Friends Singles Series'.
14) Belako-"Profile Anxiety" From the brand new digital single for "Profile Anxiety".
15) The Murder Capital-"Cellophane (BBC Live Version)" From the brand new EP 'Live From BBC Maida Vale'.
16) Francis of Delirium-"Ashamed" From the forthcoming EP 'All Change'.
17) Everything Everything-"Arch Enemy" From the forthcoming album 'Re-Animator'.
18) Honey Lung-"Big" From the brand new EP 'Post Modern Motorcade Music'.
19) Lucia and The Best Boys-"Let Go" From the brand new digital single for "Let Go".
20) The Shacks-"Smile Now, Cry Later" From the brand new vinyl 7" single for "Smile Now, Cry Later".
21) Eve Owen-"Blue Moon" From the brand new album 'Don't Let The Ink Dry'.
22) Bon Iver-"PDLIF (Please Don't Live In Fear)" From the brand new digital single for "PDLIF".
23) Paul Weller-"Village" From the forthcoming album 'On Sunset'.
24) Lucy Rose-"Question It All" From the brand new AA digital single for "Question It All"/"White Car".
25) Hater-"Sift" From the brand new digital single for "Sift".
26) 2Square / Mark Gardener-"Chained" From the brand new digital single for "Chained".
27) Whitney (feat Waxahatchee)-"Take Me Home, Country Roads" From the brand new digital single for "Take Me Home, Country Roads".
28) Bill Frisell-"We Shall Overcome" From the forthcoming album 'Valentine'.
29) Wilco-"Tell Your Friends" From the brand new digital single for "Tell Your Friends".
30) "The Mid-Morning Recording" The Stax/Volt Revue-'Volume One: Live in London'
Since we have peaceful protests in all 50 states currently, I decided to go back to the tumultuous 60s and play something from one of my favorite periods of soul music and that is the Stax/Volt scene from Memphis, Tennessee. In 1967, they took their group of musicians over to Europe to play a series of revue concerts, including this one that we played tonight recorded live in London. It's probably one of the greatest concert experiences ever, and luckily Stax decided to document a lot of these shows for future enjoyment, including this one in London, one in Paris, and then also some television broadcasts from Norway and Sweden. Imagine if you will the integrated group of Booker T and the MG's taking the stage and playing their groovy instrumentals for a nice introduction for what is to come. Then the horn section of the Mar-Keys join in, and play some of their instrumentals with The MG's. Then those two groups become the full backing band for some of the most incredible soul singers of any time! Sam and Dave, Carla Thomas, Eddie Floyd, and the great Otis Redding! An over the top lineup of integrated soul artists from the Stax record label out of Memphis, Tennessee. They took Europe by storm, and changed the sound of music forever. "Honey, Shakin' is the greatest thing but if you really roll, gotta do the thing with SOUL!" - Michael - MFL
31) James-"Sayonara" From the album 'Wah-Wah'.