Music For Listeners 04/16/2022
1) Beastie Boys-"Country Mike's Theme" From the compilation album 'Anthology: The Sounds of Science'.
2) Calexico-"Harness the Wind" From the brand new album 'El Mirador'.
3) Spiritualized-"Always Together With You" From the forthcoming album 'Everything Was Beautiful'.
4) Belle and Sebastian-"Young and Stupid" From the brand new album 'A Bit of Previous'.
5) Beach Bunny-"Oxygen" From the brand new album 'Emotional Creature'.
6) Wet Leg-"Being In Love (Radio Edit)" From the brand new album 'Wet Leg'.
7) Interpol-"Something Changed" From the forthcoming album 'The Other Side of Make Believe'.
8) The Linda Linda-"Talking To Myself" From the album 'Growing Up'.
9) Mylar-"50/50" From the forthcoming EP 'Elsewhere'.
10) Blushing (feat. Miki Berenyi)-"Blame" From the album 'Possessions'.
11) Yard Act-"Land of the Blind (Radio Edit)" From the album 'The Overload'.
12) Geese-"Bottle" From the album 'Projector'.
13) Pearl Charles-"Imposter" From the album 'Magic Mirror'.
14) Pillow Queens-"Hearts & Minds" From the brand new album 'Leave the Lights On'.
15) Hippo Campus-"Ride or Die" From the album 'LP3'.
16) Good Looks-"Vision Boards (Radio Edit)" From the brand new digital single for "Vision Boards".
16) Beach House-"Once Twice Melody" From the brand new album 'Once Twice Melody'.
17) Beauty Sleep-"Go" From the digital single for "Go".
18) Declan McKenna-"Twice Your Size" From the album 'Zeros'.
19) Cate Le Bon-"Running Away" From the album 'Pompeii'.
20) Sofia Kourtesis-"Juntos" From the EP 'Fresis Magdalena'.
21) Leon Bridges and Khruangbin-"B-Side" From the EP 'Texas Moon'.
22) Alt-J-"Happies When You're Gone (Radio Edit)" From the album 'The Dream'.
23) Conifidence Man-"Feels Like A Different Thing" From the brand new album 'Tilt'.
24) New Order-"Shellshock" From the motion picture soundtrack to the film "Pretty In Pink".
25) Naima Bock-"Giant Palm" From the forthcoming album 'Giant Palm'.
26) Django Django-"Under Fire" From the album 'Glowing in the Dark'.
27) Hamish Hawk-"Your Ceremony" From the album 'Heavy Elevator'.
28) "The Mid-Morning Recording" Arctic Monkeys-'Humbug'
I've been listening to Arctic Monkeys around the house for some reason. "Cornerstone" has always been a favorite from the band since it was released. I had noticed that we hadn't played this album yet, and since I was in the studio doing the show, I noticed there was a copy of it at KRTU. "Cornerstone" is easily one of my favorite songs of the century so far. A hooky and slightly naughty pop masterpiece. It really is the cornerstone for this album for me. The rest of the album is also terrific, and a slight change from their previous releases, which I welcomed at the time. I really like and liked the trajectory of Arctic Monkeys. So many can't handle change in a band's sound. Whenever a band does it, they risk losing fans. They also gain listeners with a new sound. I personally love it when bands change and challenge their audience. So many give U2 crap for changing their sound. I personally think they made their best records when they did mature a bit. So many gave Arctic Monkeys crap for the experimental nature of this album, and they got even more with their later releases here so far. As with their overblown start, so much of the music critics tend to miscalculate this band. With that, I'm surprised they aren't playing big arenas in the U.S. quite frankly. - Michael - MFL
29) James-"Sayonara" From the album 'Wah-Wah'.
Due to technical difficulties, this show has no recording.