Music For Listeners 2007/08/11
The Blood Arm - Live at Club DeVille - SXSW 2007
1) The Beastie Boys-"Country Mike's Theme"
From the CD 'Anthology'.
2) Charlie Parr-"Jubilee" From the brand new CD 'Jubilee'.
3) Jens Lekman-"Friday Night At the Drive-In Bingo" First
single from Jens forthcoming CD 'Night Falls On Kortedala'.
4) 1990's-You're Supposed To Be My Friend" From the brand new CD,'Cookies'.
5) The Carrots-"Beverly" From the forthcoming E.P. 'The Carrots'.
6) The Pipettes-"ABC" From the compilation CD 'Transgressive
Singles Collection: Volume 1'.
7) White Rabbits-"Kid On My Shoulder" From the CD 'Fort Nightly'.
8) The White Stripes-"You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do
As Your Told)" From the CD 'Icky Thump'.
9) The Pigeon Detectives-"Take Her Back' From the UK CD 'Wait for
10) The Manhattan Love Suicides-"Things You've Never Done"
From the CD 'The Manhattan Love Suicides'.
11) The Blood Arm - Live at Club De Ville - SXSW 2007
12) Seventeen Evergreen-"Burn the Fruit" From the brand new
UK CD EP 'Lunar One'.
13) Mouthful of Bees-"I Saw the Golden Light" From the CD
14) Findlay Brown-"Losing the Will To Survive (Beyond the Wizard's
Sleeve Reanimation)" From the UK CD single for "Losing the
Will To Survive".
15) Irene-"By Your Side" From the forthcoming CD 'Long Gone,
Since Last Summer'.
16) The Maccabees-"About Your Dress" From the CD 'Colour It
17) Amida-"Class of 2000" From the brand new UK CD EP 'Arts
18) My Two Toms-"Drop Cops" From the double CD release 'Field
Recordings' and 'Two'.
19) Poster Children-"6X6" From the CD 'New World Record'.
20) Supergrass-"Diamond Hoo Ha Man" Brand new web single from
the bands forthcoming album. Released on the bands website.
21) Wild Beasts-"Brave, Bulging, Buoyant, Clairvoyants" From
the CD single for "Brave, Bulging, Buoyant, Clairvoyants".
22) People of the Deer-"Spellbound" Demo from a new San Antonio
artist found on myspace.
23) Roddy Woomble-"My Secret Is My Silence" From the CD 'My
Secret Is My Silence'.
24) "The Mid-Morning Recording" Bob
Dylan-'Highway 61 Revisited'
Recently I took a trip to Minnesota, the home state of Mr. Bob Dylan.
I actually travelled on highway 61 in that state, and it reminded me
of this great and classic album by him. I always have a great time up
in the north, and thinking of a little Bob Dylan running around gave
me amazing glee. Lots of classics on this rock and blues album by Mr.
DYlan. This was his second album in his first electric period. At a
time that he wanted to break his sound open from just him and a guitar.
Certainly one of the great poets of our time, and always an innovator
who is not afraid to venture into his own depths for a great song. I'm
very excited about seeing him at the Austin City Limits festival this
year. I'm hoping he's as brillant as ever. I've had lots of friends
who are really into Dylan, and through them I've heard this album several
times over, but I've never owned the record until now. I bought this
album specifically to play on this edition of Music For Listeners. A
show that I recorded in my uncle and aunts house in St Paul, Minnesota
a couple of weeks back now. "How does it feel to be on your own,
with no direction home, a complete unknown...like a rolling stone?"
Michael - MFL
25) James-"Sayonara" From the CD 'Wah-Wah'.
26) Scissors for Lefty-"Mama, Your Boys Will Find A Home"
From the CD 'Underhanded Romance'.